- Use the resident address look- up tool on our homepage next to news to find your leaf collection day
- Leaf Collection Schedule Map
- Leaf Collection Schedule by Individual Street
- Leaf Permit
Residents MUST have their leaves curbside on the MONDAY of the scheduled week of pick up, as the leaf truck will pass by only once during that week. Once the leaf machine passes it will NOT return until the 2nd scheduled collection. If necessary, prevent gathered leaves from blowing by covering the piles with old sheets or blankets weighted down with stones or bricks. In extremely dry weather, you can also wet the leaves to help prevent blowing.
Additional Information regarding leaf collection:
- Do not blow leaves into the way of traffic.
- Try to create piles next to the curb similar to the piles created by those who have already raked their leaves to the curb.
- Wet leaves in the road may create a slippery surface and therefore a traffic hazard.
- Do not mix trash or other debris with leaves, grass clippings or brush. Non vegetative debris does not decompose and interferes with the composting process therefore making for an inferior product.
For leaf collection questions you can call 215-277-3408.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find your leaf collection week by using the "Resident Information" tool on our home-page under Resources. A resident can search their address and useful information regarding Township and community services will be displayed.
2019 leaf collection pick-up dates are as follows:
- October 28- November 1 - Areas A, B, E, G, H, I
- November 4 - November 8 - Areas C, D, F, M, N, O
- UPDATED 11/8: November 11 - November 15 - Areas O, J, K, L
- November 18 - November 22 - Areas, G, H, I
- November 25 - November 29 - Areas A, B, E
- December 2 - December 6 - Areas C, D, F, J
- December 9 - December 13 - Areas M, N, O
- December 16 - December 22- Areas K, L
The Department will make every attempt to maintain the schedule, but residents should be prepared for delays due to inclement weather. Conversely, there will be times when the collection runs smoothly thereby enabling a jump-start on the next area. If this is the case the vacuum machines will return on Monday for the scheduled collection.
We encourage residents to check out our news section or follow-us on Facebook @AbingtonTownship for updates on any delays. Residents can also call 215-277-3408 for updates.
Residents who use the services of a private contractor can continue to do so after the proper permits are filled out. Permits are available at the Public Works Office located at 2201 Florey Lane, Roslyn, PA or by clicking here. There is no charge for either the permit or dumping of leaves. If you use a commercial contractor to put out your leaves, contact them early to schedule your cleanup.
Absolutely. Residents can bag their leaves in 30 gallon brown biodegradable bags, which will be collected by a separate truck on your normal trash day. Yard debris bags must be left curbside on your regularly scheduled trash collection day and can weigh no greater than 30 lbs.
Brown bags are sold at various locations throughout the Township. These locations are the Abington Township Building, Florey Lane Highway Yard, Abington Township Public Library, Alverthorpe Manor, Ardsley Community Center, Giant in both Roslyn and Rockledge and O’Neill’s Food Market on Easton Road in Glenside.