Public safety is the Abington Township Police Department’s top priority! Registering your alarm system is an excellent way to help us with our commitment to your safety. The Abington Township Alarm Ordinance requires all business owners who have burglar alarms to register them with the Abington Township Police Department. While the Township Ordinance does not require homeowners to register their alarms it is recommended in an effort to better serve you.
The annual registration/renewal fee for business owners/tenant is $50. Registration is FREE for homeowners! To register your alarm system, simply complete this form. Please make checks payable to “Abington Township Police Department.” Registration must be completed prior to March 31st, 2020. Remember to include your account number when making your payment. Failure to register your alarm, may result in a fine up to $500.00.
- Residential: Free
- Commercial: $50 annually
The Away Home Program is designed to provide homeowners a means of having their residence checked periodically by an officer when they are away from home for an extended period of time. To participate in this program, the homeowner can complete our Away Home Notification Form on-line, call or visit the Abington Township Police Department. Homeowners are also encouraged to help protect their home by placing lights on a timer and arranging to have mail picked up.
Township residents may apply for permits to hold block parties by contacting the Community Policing Division at 267-536-1082. For approved permits, the Township will supply barricades to shut down motor vehicle traffic.
The following conditions apply to block party permit requests:
- A fee of $25 will be charged.
- Checks must be made payable to Abington Township
- Permit applications must be received by Abington Township no less than one week prior to the event date.
- Permit must be available for inspection during the block party.
- Marshall must be appointed to remove barricades and open the street for emergency vehicle traffic.
- Public property such as signs or fire hydrants may not be tampered with.
- Party holders must arrange for removal of litter & debris as soon as event is over.
- Loud music must be shut off by 10:00 P.M. Party attendees must be responsive to noise complaints.
- Permit holder must ensure that barricades, traffic cones and other items borrowed from Abington Township are secured for pickup by Township employees.
To hold a block party, residents will need to submit the Block Party Permit and Block Party List. Please click here to download the Block Party Permit and List.
Lock for Life is a program available through the Abington Township Police Department. It is intended to provide Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services Personnel access to your residence in the event of an emergency where you are unable to open the door.
The goal of the Camera Registry program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Abington Township Police Department and the community we serve.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Abington Township Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Abington Township Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press unless authorized by a member of the Abington Township Police Department’s command staff.
- If necessary, the Abington Township Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Abington Township and/or the Abington Township Police Department through the camera registry program.
- Abington Township Police will not utilize any information obtained to view footage or feeds directly without permission of the owner.