Ardsley, PA 19038
- Monday -Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (closed 1-2 PM)
Special Hours for Pool Applications
- Tuesdays - April 9th, June 4th, June 11th & June 18th
- Saturday - June 22, 2019
- Note: Non-Resident Pool Applications are accepted at this location only during evening/Saturday hours noted above. Non-residents must go to Alverthorpe Manor location from 8:00-4:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Facilities for Rent
Facilities for rent include classrooms, the gymnasium, cafeteria and kitchen. Rentals can be accommodated throughout the week for a low cost. Please review the application and rules and regulations based on the type of event you are looking to hold. Rules and regulations can be found on the two tabs below.
Prior to submitting an application, it is recommended you call Joan Sweeney, the Recreation Supervisor at 215-576-1630 for accommodations and pricing.
Additional information is also available by clicking on the links below:
Facility Rentals Rules and Regulations NO ALCOHOL
1. All applications must be made to the Ardsley Community Education Center and will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2. Reservations must be secured (through approval of this application) at least two (2) weeks in advance of the date desired. Refunds for cancellations will be given only if notice of cancellation is given one (1) week prior of the use date. A Five ($5.00) Dollar handling fee will be charged if notice of cancellation is given less than one (1) week before the use date.
3. Groups holding regular meetings and/or sessions throughout the year need to file only one application at the beginning of each calendar year.
4. In the event multiple requests are received for the same facilities for the same period of time, the Center may reschedule room allocations accordingly to meet the needs of all concerned.
5. The Township shall have the highest priority for the use of a facility. The Center reserves the right to cancel any contract granted if the facility is needed for Township sponsored activities.
6. Charges are payable in advance, in full, unless other written arrangements are made with the Center Coordinator. All applications must contain complete or estimated information for consideration.
7. Make checks and/or money orders payable to the Ardsley Community Education Center.
8. Groups will be advised by the Center Coordinator if a Security Deposit is required. This deposit will be returned by mail upon satisfactory use and condition of facilities.
9. All personal accidents and property damages, regardless of severity, must be reported to the Center office immediately or as soon as the user group is notified of same.
10. Use will be granted in writing for specific areas or rooms in building and it will be the responsibility of the organization to see that other areas or rooms will not be entered or disturbed. The organization must provide competent adult supervision for all activities as prescribed by the Center. The individual and/or organization to whom the application is approved and issued will be held responsible for property damage, theft and personal harm to all concerned.
11. The facility shall not be used for any purpose other than as designated in the application, and the organization may not sublet or transfer their rights or privileges to any other individual, group or organization.
12. Gambling and the use of alcoholic beverages or narcotics are strictly prohibited. Smoking is prohibited except in specially designated areas.
13. No silverware, dishes, or cooking utensils will be provided in the cafeteria. If a caterer is used, the Center office must be modified in advance of the caterer’s desired time of entry.
14. The Center reserves the right to require that certain support services (e.g. Security) be on hand at some events which may call for additional fee assessments.
15. The organization agrees that it is responsible for all publicity for the activity.
16. When admission is charged, the applicant and/or organization shall be responsible for payment of any admission tax or other tax or fee levied by a government unit and must submit records to the Center as having paid the tax and other fees levied in addition to an itemized attendance report.
17. The organization shall have control of those who may be admitted to the activity, except Township and Center officials who shall be admitted for administrative, supervisory, or custodial purposes.
18. The Center reserves the right to eject anyone who is deemed by its representative to present himself of herself in a disorderly fashion.
19. The Center is not responsible for items lost or stolen during or between activity periods.
20. The Center reserves the right to make other rules, practices and procedures as necessary that are in the best interests of the public’s health and welfare. This provides flexibility to solve special problems that may arise in the interim.
21. In accordance with Park Ordinance #115-1, provision #27:
a. “No gathering or meeting of any kind assembled through advertisement shall be permitted in a park or playground. Meetings or gatherings for political or industrial purpose are not permitted."
22. The Ardsley Community Education Center is open to all persons in Abington Township or surrounding areas regardless of sex, race, religion, or national origin.
Facility Rentals Rules and Regulations WITH ALCOHOL
The Ardsley Center is available to groups who wish to serve alcoholic beverages at their functions. Beverages are limited to beer and wine only. Special regulations will apply. For more information, contact the Center's office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215-576-1630.
1. APPLICATION: All users of the Ardsley Community Education Center must make written application to the Bureau of Parks and Recreation at least thirty (30) days before the date desired. A permit will be issued to the applicant who must be at least 21 years of age.
2. RESERVATIONS: Rental fee must accompany application. If the application is not returned within ten (10) working days, the Township will assume the Community Center is no longer needed for your event, and will therefore reschedule another event in its place. Please make checks payable to “Abington Township.”
3. CANCELLATIONS: Reservation cancellation shall be refunded 50% of scheduled charge if notification is given to the Bureau of Parks and Recreation at least thirty (30) days in advance of scheduled event. No refunds shall be made for cancellations with less than thirty (30) days notice.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A separate check of $100.00, made out to “Abington Township,” will also be required as a security deposit when alcohol is served. Such fee must accompany application and will be refunded in approximately two (2) weeks from date of event if the Community Center is left clean and without damage. The applicant will be required to pay the costs of any damage or breakage.
5. INSURANCE: Applicants not utilizing a catering service will be required to furnish a photostatic copy of Homeowner’s or Renter’s Contents Insurance Policy with Liability coverage of $100,000.00 per occurrence. A catering service will be required to furnish the following: a. Certificate of Insurance with Abington Township as an additional named insured; b. Comprehensive Liability Insurance - $1,000,000.00; c. Automobile/Business Insurance - $1,000,000.00; d. Host Liquor Liability - $500,000.00 e. Worker’s Compensation Insurance - Statutory
6. ARRANGEMENTS: Applicant must contact Community Center office staff at least two (2) weeks prior to the event to insure that all arrangements are in conformance with our rules and regulations.
7. SETUP: Table and chair arrangements (setting up and putting away) are the responsibility of the applicant/caterer.
8. TABLE AND CHAIRS: Ten (10) six-foot tables and 200 chairs are available for use. Any additional tables, chairs, or other equipment needed (including serving and cooking utensils) are the applicant’s/caterer’s responsibility.
9. BUILDING AND EQUIPMENT: Community Center, kitchen and grounds must be left in a clean and orderly condition within one (1) hour after the event, i.e., trash must be place in plastic bags, tied and left in the kitchen; tables and chairs wiped off and returned to the original place; floors swept; and kitchen left in good order. Failure to do so will result in a charge based on the time necessary to return the Community Center to proper condition. Any necessary charges will be deducted from the security deposit.
10.ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Beer and wine may be served, but the sale of the aforementioned and the serving of minors is strictly prohibited. Beer kegs must be placed on a protective covering (i.e., tarp, or plastic covering) so as not to damage the floors.
11.ADMISSION CHARGE/TICKET SELLING: No admission charge or selling of admission tickets on the premises. Gambling prohibited.
12.PUBLIC ADVERTISEMENT: A copy of any public advertisement of said event must be approved by the Parks and Recreation Office.
13.DISORDERLY CONDUCT: The Township reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
14.ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATION: The Township reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
15.LOST, DAMAGED OR STOLEN ARTICLES: The Township is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen articles.
16.MISCELLANEOUS: a. Parking permitted only in designated areas. b. No throwing of rice or confetti. Throwing of birdseed and fresh flower petals only permitted outside of the building c. No thumbtacks, nails or scotch tape on walls or woodwork.
17.ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATION: The Township reserves the right to make such rules and regulations as may be deemed in the public interest.
The Ardsley Day Care Center, a state license facility provides year round quality day care for children of working parents in the community. The center accepts children from six (6) weeks to twelve (12) years of age. There is a three and four year old preschool program licensed by the Department of Education. Before and after school care is offered and a summer camp program runs from June to September for K-6th grades.
Classrooms are available for use by youth groups (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.) and small organizations. Classroom rentals are available Monday and Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM and Tuesday thru Thursday from 9:00 AM to 8:45 PM. Classrooms hold approximately 25 people.
Other rentals, such as gymnasium and cafeteria, can be found below.
The gymnasium is capable of seating 400 - 500 persons. Activities held in the gym have included Square Dancing, Rock Concerts, Old York Road Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert, Dance Recitals, Sports Leagues, Aerobic Classes and Flower Shows.
A full service kitchen that is available for rent for non-commercial events. No businesses.
A Cafeteria is available for rent for small parties or get togethers. This area can hold approx. 80 people