Land use is critical to the short term and long term viability of the Abington community. The process for major land development begins with the Office of the Township Manager. The Township has created the Land Use and Development Guidance Document and Application to instruct and guide applicants through the process here at the Township. For any individual or company beginning the process for a major land development in Abington, please contact Terry Castorina, Executive Assistant to the Township Manager, at 267-536-1003 or email@example.com to set-up a meeting to discuss your plans and options.
For those seeking smaller applications, such as a homeowner seeking to subdivide a lot or allowable property uses, please contact the Planning and Zoning Officer at 267-536-1013.
Land Use and Development Guide
Current Subdivision and Land Development Applications
The below list includes applications that have been scheduled to go in front of the Planning Commission beginning October 2019. After a decision is made on an application by the Board of Commissioners, it will be moved to this subdivision and land development archive page. Click here to go the archive subdivision and land development web-page.
- February 13, 2020 Board of Commissioners Meeting
- February 5, 2020 Public Affairs Committee Meeting
- December 18, 2019 Planning Commission Meeting
The below list does not include meeting agendas, minutes and videos.
- Planning Commission Recommendation dated December 18, 2019
- Abington Township Staff Review dated December 3, 2019
- Notice to Residents
- Application for Subdivision/Land Development submitted November 19, 2019
- Site Maps dated November 18, 2019
- January 28, 2020 Planning Commission Meeting
The below list does not include meeting agendas, minutes, and videos.
- Review Letters received as of January 20, 2020
- Time Extension Letter dated January 15, 2020
- Plan Set as of January 14, 2020
- Application for Traffic Signal Approval dated December 1, 2019
- Roadway Plans dated December 19, 2019
- Drainage Narrative dated December 18, 2019
- Traffic Signal Design Study dated December 18, 2019
- Waivers Requested dated December 17, 2019
- Plan Set dated December 16, 2019
- General Project Description and Stormwater Management Calculations dated December 16, 2019
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Narrative dated October 9, 2019
- Infiltration Summary Letter dated July 31, 2019
- Application for Subdivision/ Land Development dated July 25, 2019
- Conditional Use Approval dated March 18, 2019
- Conceptual Site Plans dated November 19, 2018
- Zoning Hearing Board Decision dated February 21, 2018