Zoning Hearing Board
- Date: 06/16/2020 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Webinar
ZONING HEARING BOARD
June 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Notice is hereby given that the Township of Abington Zoning Hearing Board (ZHB) will hold its regular meeting on June 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM by webinar. There are two ways for the public to participate in the meeting. Residents can access the meeting online by a computer, iPad, iPhone, or Android at https://zoom.us/j/95588609461. This link will enable residents to hear the meeting and see presentations. Residents will be unable to share their screen or video. Residents, who are unable to join online, can listen to the meeting by calling 1-929-436-2866 and entering the meeting ID number 955-8860-9461 when prompted. The following applications will be heard:
20-01: This is the application of Kevin & James Maguire, owners of the property located at 1405 Rothley Ave, Roslyn, Pa. 19001. The applicants seek dimensional variances from Section 602, Figure 6.1 of the Zoning Ordinance of the Township in order to subdivide their property into two lots. Lot # 1 would contain the existing single family dwelling and Lot # 2 would be offered for development. The side yard setback for Lot # 1 would be reduced to 7.9 feet. The minimum side yard setback is 10 feet for a property within the R-4 Residential District. The lot width at the front building setback for Lot # 2 would be reduced to approximately 48 feet. The minimum required lot width is 50 feet. The property is zoned within the R-4 Residential District of Ward # 5 of the Township of Abington.
20-02: This is the application of Joanne Howell, executor of the estate for the property at 2747 Susquehanna Road, Roslyn, PA 19001. The applicant seeks a dimensional variance from Section 602, Figure 6.1 of the Zoning Ordinance of the Township of Abington for this property, which consists of Units # 8 & # 9, with the intent of creating a building lot for a new single family dwelling. Unit # 8 contains the existing house and would have a lot area of 6,930 square feet, while Unit # 9, which currently contains the garage, would have a lot area of 6,195 square feet. Additionally, the steps from the existing house would have a setback of 9 feet from the property line. The lot area is required to be a minimum of 7,500 square feet and side yard setbacks are required to be a minimum of 10 feet. The property is zoned within the R-4 Residential District of Ward # 15 of the Township of Abington.
20-04: This is the application of Bruce & Thomasene Fishberg, owners for the property at 1528 Bryant Lane, Meadowbrook, PA 19046. The property is currently in the subdivision process to shift an existing lot line. As a result, the lot size would change to over 3/4 of an acre, which would bring an existing accessory structure out of compliance with the Zoning Ordinance of the Township of Abington. The applicant seeks a dimensional variance from Section 2103, Use A-22.4 to allow for the accessory structure to remain at 7.8 feet from the property line, whereas the Ordinance requires a 10 foot separation. The property is zoned within the R-1 Residential District of Ward # 1 of the Township of Abington.
Public comment will be accepted and encouraged in the meeting. To provide public comment, the following steps will need to be taken by the resident to provide his or her comments:
1. When the host calls for public comment, please raise your hand. You can raise your hand in the webinar screen by clicking ‘raise hand’ found in the toolbar. To raise your hand by phone, enter star-nine (*9) on your device. Once the hand icon appears it will notify the administrator of your intention to give comments.
2. When it is your opportunity to provide comments, the host will identify the public by reading aloud the name listed or the last four digits of your phone number. Once identified, your microphone will be unmuted by the administrator.
3. Each speaker must abide by the public participation rules of the Township. The Township's public participation rules can be viewed by clicking here.
- Each speaker must provide their first and last name and confirm they are a resident of Abington Township for the public record before beginning their comments.
- Each speaker will be provided three minutes for comments.
4. When the speaker is finished with their comments or exceeds the speaking time, the microphone will be muted, and the next speaker will be identified.
A copy of the application and plans are on file with the Zoning Office and are available to view on our website at www.abingtonpa.gov. If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at 267-536-1013. Comments are encouraged to be submitted to email@example.com no later than 4 PM of the meeting date. If a member of the public would like to participate but requires assistance or accommodation, please contact the Township at firstname.lastname@example.org or (267) 536-1099 prior to 10:00 AM on June 16, 2020.
By Order of the Zoning Hearing Board
Township of Abington
Note: There is a 30 day period after the date the decision is rendered for any and all aggrieved persons to file an appeal in the appropriate court to contest the actions of the Zoning Hearing Board. Applicants that take action on a Zoning Hearing Board Approval during the 30 day appeal period, do so at their own risk.
- Web link: https://zoom.us/j/95588609461
- Phone Number: 1-929-436-2866
- Meeting ID: 955-8860-9461