Zoning Hearing Board
- Date: 07/14/2020 7:00 PM
PUBLIC NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
ZONING HEARING BOARD
July 14, 2020, 7:00 PM
Notice is hereby given that the Township of Abington’s regular July meeting of the Zoning Hearing Board (ZHB), as is required by the Zoning Ordinance, has been moved from July 21, 2020 to July 14, 2020 at 7:00 PM by webinar. There are two ways for the public to participate in the rescheduled meeting. Residents can access the meeting online by a computer, iPad, iPhone, or Android at https://zoom.us/j/92354825422. This link will enable residents to hear the meeting and see presentations. Residents will be unable to share their screen or video. Residents, who are unable to join online, can listen to the meeting by calling 1-929-436-2866 and entering the meeting ID number 923-5482-5422 when prompted. The following application will be heard:
20-10: This is the application of Mediplex Property Group Abington, LLC, owner and applicant for the property at 1151 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001. The applicant is requesting dimensional variances from Section 2208.2-C.1, Figure 22.20 & Section 2208.2-C.2, Figure 22.21 of the Zoning Ordinance of the Township of Abington. The applicant proposes to install a property identification wall sign mounted at 27 feet in height on the Old York Road side of the building, a wall mounted tenant directional sign, and a multi-tenant monument sign 12 feet from the curb along Guernsey Avenue. The relief is requested as the site is limited to one property identification sign per 200 feet of street frontage, the property identification wall sign is limited to a mounting height of 20 feet, the tenant sign is required to be placed in a single sign band and the monument sign requires a setback of 20 feet from the curb. The property is zoned within the Main Street Low District of Ward # 7 of the Township of Abington.
Public comment will be accepted and encouraged in the meeting. To provide public comment, the following steps will need to be taken by the resident to provide his or her comments:
1. When the host calls for public comment, please raise your hand. You can raise your hand in the webinar screen by clicking ‘raise hand’ found in the toolbar. To raise your hand by phone, enter star-nine (*9) on your device. Once the hand icon appears it will notify the administrator of your intention to give comments.
2. When it is your opportunity to provide comments, the host will identify the public by reading aloud the name listed or the last four digits of your phone number. Once identified, your microphone will be unmuted by the administrator.
3. Each speaker must abide by the public participation rules of the Township. The Township's public participation rules can be viewed by clicking here.
- Each speaker must provide their first and last name and confirm they are a resident of Abington Township for the public record before beginning their comments.
- Each speaker will be provided three minutes for comments.
4. When the speaker is finished with their comments or exceeds the speaking time, the microphone will be muted, and the next speaker will be identified.
A copy of the application and plans are on file with the Zoning Office and are available to view on our website at www.abingtonpa.gov. If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at 267-536-1013. Comments are encouraged to be submitted to email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM of the meeting date. If a member of the public would like to participate but requires assistance or accommodation, please contact the Township at firstname.lastname@example.org or (267) 536-1099 prior to 10:00 AM on July 7, 2020. Anyone who would like to request party status must notify the Township at least five days in advance of the hearing date at email@example.com.
By Order of the Zoning Hearing Board.
Interim Zoning Officer
Township of Abington
Note: There is a 30 day period after the date the decision is rendered for any and all aggrieved persons to file an appeal in the appropriate court to contest the actions of the Zoning Hearing Board. Applicants that take action on a Zoning Hearing Board Approval during the 30 day appeal period, do so at their own risk.
- Web link: https://zoom.us/j/92354825422
- Phone Number: 1-929-436-2866
- Meeting ID: 923-5482-5422