SPECIAL MEETING: Board of Commissioners April Meeting
- Date: 04/07/2020 7:00 PM
- Location: Board Room
1176 Old York Road, 2nd Floor
Abington, Pennsylvania 19001
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
APRIL 7, 2020, 7:00 PM
The Township of Abington Board of Commissioners regular Board meeting scheduled for April 9, 2020, has been cancelled due to the Passover holiday and is being rescheduled as a special meeting of the regular Board of Commissioners, replacing the April 9, 2020 meeting. The rescheduled special meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 7:00 PM to consider any and all business. This public meeting will be held as a Zoom webinar and teleconference as provided by 35 Pa.C.S. § 7501(d), and all interested parties are invited to participate. The meeting format is in response to the Governor's Directive and recommendation of local, county, and state officials to limit in-person contact to reduce the potential spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
There are two ways for the public to participate in the meeting. Residents access the meeting online, by a computer, iPad, iPhone or Android at https://zoom.us/j/979496190. This link will enable residents to hear the meeting and see presentations. There will be no video capabilities. Residents, who are unable to join online, can participate in the meeting by calling 1-929-436-2866 and entering the meeting ID number 979-496-190 when prompted.
Public comment will be accepted and encouraged in the meeting. To provide public comment, the following steps will need to be taken by the resident to provide his or her comments:
1.When the President calls for public comment, please raise your hand. You can raise your hand in the webinar screen by clicking ‘raise hand’ found in the toolbar. To raise your hand by phone, enter star-nine (*9) on your device. Once the hand icon appears it will notify the administrator of your intention to give comments.
2. When it is your opportunity to provide comments, the Board President will identify the public by reading aloud the name listed or the last four digits of your phone number. Once identified, your microphone will be unmuted by the administrator.
3. Each speaker must abide by the public participation rules of the Township. The Township's public participation rules can be viewed by clicking here.
- Each speaker must provide their first and last name and confirm they are a resident of Abington Township for the public record before beginning their comments.
- Each speaker will be provided three minutes for comments.
4. When the speaker is finished with their comments or exceeds the speaking time, the microphone will be muted, and the next speaker will be identified.
Please note, that as this is the first meeting the Township will be conducting with webinar functionality, we respectfully request your patience. We will work during the meeting to resolve any immediate or unforeseen issues and are continuously evaluating the meeting format to meet the needs of our community. The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to www.abingtonpa.viebit.com.
- Meeting Date: April 7, 2020
- Meeting Time: 7:00 PM
To join the meeting by telephone:
- Meeting telephone number: 1-929-436-2866
- Meeting ID number (to be entered when prompted): 979-496-190
To join the meeting by webinar on a computer, iPad, iPhone or Android
- Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/979496190