Jenkintown-Abington Pedestrian & Stormwater Improvement Project Informational Meeting
- Date: 08/29/2019 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Board Room
1176 Old York Road, 2nd Floor
Abington, Pennsylvania 19001
The Township of Abington will be hosting an informational meeting on the Connecting Jenkintown-Abington project on August 29, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Abington Township Board Room located at 1176 Old York Road, Abington PA 19001. The Township has been working with Jenkintown Borough over the past several years to develop a comprehensive project for this area, as well as, secure funding for needed improvements. The Township has been successful in obtaining a DCED Multimodal Transportation Fund, Federal Transportation Alternatives Set Aside grant, PennDOT Green Light Go Grant, and Montgomery County Transportation Program grant to assist in funding the improvements. This project could not have been realized without collaboration amongst the Township and Jenkintown Borough and will provide critical improvements to accessibility, safety, and stormwater maintenance to both communities. The improvements will consist of the following components:
- Installation of stormwater pipes and inlets along Washington Lane and Greenwood Avenue.
- Installation of sidewalks and shared-use paths along Washington Lane, Greenwood Avenue, and Jenkintown Road, including a mid-block pedestrian crossing with a pedestrian flasher at the Abington Friends School Path.
- Installation of new traffic signal equipment and ADA ramps at the intersections of Washington Lane\Greenwood Avenue and Jenkintown Road\Meetinghouse Road.
- Roadway widening at Jenkintown and Meetinghouse Roads for left turn lanes on Jenkintown Road and a right turn lane on Meetinghouse Road, as well as, partial closure of Greenwood Avenue.
The meeting will consist of a presentation discussing the improvements, grant funding, project phasing, project schedule, and property owner\resident coordination; and an opportunity for attendees to ask questions at the conclusion of the presentation. For those unable to attend, the August 29, 2019 presentation is being recorded and will be broadcast on the government access channel, as well as, available for viewing at any time at https://abingtonpa.viebit.com/.